NewsAdmission of foreign citizens

Admission of foreign citizens

5 july 2021

International Admissions (presentation in English) 

Foreign citizens have the right to enroll in all areas of training in bachelor's, master's and postgraduate programs. The training is conducted in Russian. In case of not speaking russian who student must first be trained at the preparatory department for foreign citizens ("Russian as a foreign language"), which provides training for candidates for higher education in Russia. Every year, SPbSUT conducts training at the preparatory department for foreign citizens.

Citizens of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus and Tajikistan have the right to submit documents for participation in the competition on a general basis on a budget basis. Foreign citizens and stateless persons who are compatriots living abroad have the right to receive higher education on an equal basis with citizens of the Russian Federation, provided that they comply with the requirements provided for in Article 17 of Federal Law No. 99-FZ of May 24, 1999 "On the State Policy of the Russian Federation in Relation to Compatriots Abroad".

All detailed information about admission (deadlines for submitting documents, tuition fees, a list of entrance tests, etc.) is posted on the website of the Admission Committee of SPbSUT in a timely manner:

The admission of documents of foreign applicants is carried out by the Admission Commission for the Selection of foreign citizens, which is formed annually from among the employees of the International Cooperation Department.

For admission, you must:

1. register on the university's website (create your Personal Account):

Instructions "How to register in your Personal account"

2. fill in your data by sections and upload the following documents to your Personal Account:

- a copy and translation of the passport, certified by a notary (if there is no translation into Russian in the passport);
- a copy and translation of the education document, certified by a notary (if there is no translation into Russian in the document);
- documents formed in the Personal Account: A questionnaire, Consent to the processing of personal data, an Application for admission to entrance tests, parental consent (if the applicant is not yet 18 years old);
- other documents (depending on citizenship: certificate of completion of the preparatory course; certificate of recognition of education received abroad*; a copy of the visa, migration card, registration).

Instructions "How to upload documents to your Personal account"

3. pass the entrance tests remotely (if the applicant does not enter according to the results of the Unified State Exam) using the links that are placed in the Personal Account on the eve of the date of each entrance test;

4. conclude a contract for the provision of paid educational services (if the candidate enters the contract form of training), pay for training (at least for the 1st semester of the first academic year).

* For the recognition of foreign educational documents, it is necessary to contact the Glavexpertcenter Federal State Budgetary Institution (51 Lyusinovskaya Street, Moscow), or to the "Expert Center for the evaluation of educational documents" (St. Petersburg, Marata str., 27)

Admission to the university takes place by issuing an enrollment order. Orders for enrollment are posted on the website of the Admission Committee of SPbSUT.

Additional information about the admission of foreign citizens is contained in section XIII of the Admission Rules.

At the time of enrollment (the date of issue of the enrollment order), students must provide a certificate (certificate) on the absence of HIV (valid for 3 months from the date of issue), as well as, if they are on the territory of the Russian Federation at the time of enrollment:

a migration card for the purpose of entering "study" (except for citizens of Belarus and only for full-time and part-time students); a
valid registration (only for full-time and part-time students).
All foreign students studying full-time are provided with a hostel. More detailed information about SPbSUT dormitories can be found here.

If you still have any questions, please contact the International Cooperation Department by phone +7 (812) 305-12-37 and e-mail:

We will be glad to see you among the students of "Bonch"!

When using materials, a link to the site is required.
Others news